Maybe this will help me keep a list of people I dont have to be afraid to send asks to!
Don’t just reblog this because you think its the “right” way to be, only reblog if its true please.
12:16 pm 138 notes
10:57 am 52 notes
So I reformulated the breast milk lotion, and let me tell you, this one has an AWESOME consistency. You’ll need a kitchen scale to make this a lot easier on yourself.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax (about 10 grams)
- 3 ounces room temperature breast milk (if you aren’t able to get human breast milk, goat’s milk is an acceptable alternative)
- 2 ounces grapeseed oil
- 1 ounce coconut oil (cold-pressed virgin is best)
- 3 to 6 drops lavender oil (make sure it is therapeutic grade and not just a scent. I got mine from a vitamin shop. Same with the tea tree)
- 3 to 6 drops tea tree oil
- Melt beeswax using either a double boiler or microwaving for two minutes (adding 15 seconds at a time until completely melted).
- Once melted, add grapeseed oil and coconut oil and warm through, whisking to combine (or microwaving another 15 seconds should do it). Remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in the three ounces of breast milk. Once combined, add in essential oils.
- Continue whisking until it reaches the consistency of cake batter. This should take five to ten minutes. Pour into desired container, then let it set in the fridge (or use it warm. Either way!)
- You MUST refrigerate this recipe, since there are no preservatives in it. Some say it will keep up to three months, but I would not keep it over one, since there is milk in it. It’s such a small batch, it shouldn’t last that long anyway.
Lavender oil is not only a natural antiseptic, it is also antifungal, soothing to smell, and a mild analgesic (numbing agent). Tea tree oil is also antifungal, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiviral, and can help wounds heal faster. Adding these make this a great recipe for not only a lotion for hives, rashes, acne, and eczema, but for diaper rashes as well (and it’s cloth diaper safe, as all of these oils melt away at low temperatures).
This mixture will be greasy, but fast absorbing. It’s been great for baby acne, my own eczema, my daughter’s eczema, and my mom’s contact dermatitis (which she gets from washing her hands and wearing gloves all night as a trauma nurse). We’ve started laying on a layer on her bum at night before bedtime as well.
1:07 am 2 notes
Well I hope it doesn’t mean he’s coming super soon, I still have things to get done!
Good lord I really hope my heartburn doesn’t increase. I cannot take any more. It’s already causing problems with my sleeping and day to day life!
Okay so TMI again. My husband and I were just having sex and when we finished there was blood on the bed. Not a lot like a very little and it was a clear bright pink/red. I went to pee and there really wasn’t any more blood. Maybe it was just because it was a little rougher than usual? I’m having a few contractions. I wish baby would go ahead and move so I wouldn’t be as worried. Anyway what should I do?
1:01 am 2 notes
Ugh. I’ve pooped so much lately. Sorry for the TMI
11:41 am 4 notes
I just remembered that last night while I was trying to fall asleep all I could think about was Bear’s first birthday. As in not the day I’ll have him - his 1 year birthday. He isn’t even born yet! I wish my pregnancy brain would shut up already. I got such terrible sleep last night thinking about the millions of things I have to do! And my heartburn is worse since baby boy has dropped. I’ve been eating about 4 tums every 2-3 hours.
11:26 am 2 notes
Um… I didn’t really feel anything honestly. I think for most people it happens overnight, they just wake up one morning and their baby is lower. A lot of women say that they feel more pressure on their cervix but this wasn’t the case with me. I feel the same amount as before so I’m taking that to mean he isn’t fully dropped and will drop again before delivery but I don’t know - this is my first pregnancy so in a lot of ways I feel very much in the dark. Some women also say they have less heartburn and can breathe and eat easier because there’s more room again since the baby is lower. This also has not been the case with me. Hope this helps!
2:51 pm 2 notes